Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Domaine Bastide Blanche Bandol Rose 2007 and the 2007 Domaine Bastide Blanche Bandol Blanc


I was excited to try this Bandol Rose from Domaine Bastide Blanche since it was my first time trying a wine from the Bandol appellation in Provence. The rose was made of 31% Mouvedre, 25% Grenache and 41% Cinsault. The nose was floral, and the wine itself had a hint of melon, but it was VERY delicate to the taste. Maybe too delicate for me. I enjoy things that are a bit more... obvious.


Just by chance, a few days later I had the luck to also taste the 2007 Domaine Bastide Blanche Bandol Blanc. A white wine made of Clairette, Bourboulenc and Ugni Blanc. I was surprised with the beautiful flavors of this wine, and its crispness. It was also very delicate but with a laser like clarity on the tounge. Very nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I'll probably be tasting a wine from the same region, tomorrow, when I meet-up with Darrin. Mine will DEFINITELY be a tad redder, though. Full-throttle Mourvèdre! ;)

V said...

Who's Darrin?

Anonymous said...

Cabassaou (on Myspace)...That's actually the wine he brought to our tasting: 2001 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cabassaou. I brought the 2006 Orin Swift "The Prisoner" and 2006 Bitch Grenache.