Someone asked the question: What are your Top Wines of the Year? Here are my answers:
- What was your favorite wine of the Year?
- What was your favorite red wine of the Year?
Stunning, haunting, beautiful fruit and nuanced... it was all that, and under $30.
- What was your favorite white wine of the Year?
Sea-salty minerally goodness. Just supremely good!
- What was your favorite effervescent wine of the Year?
(Pictured: Pierre Peters Champagne being chilled. Just kill me now)
(Dom Perignon Oenotheque 1996, rarely seen in the states. Beautiful wine!)
- What was your biggest new producer discovery of the year?
Chablis winemaker, Patrick Piuze. Yes, he's adorable, but he makes great wine! Start buying his wines now, before they get too expensive in the future!
- What was your favorite tasting of the year?
Pictured: Rudi Wiest - One of the coolest people in the wine biz.
- What was region did you start getting into this year that was new for you?
- What wine disappointed you this year?
- What was your favorite QPR this year?
Those are my picks. What are yours???