Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Junior Johnson - Moonshine Runner

Junior Johnson will be visiting Hi-Time on Monday, October 4th. I have a newly found admiration for him based on the following vids. Total rebel!



and more...


Ok. Now wine. It is hot. I mean, freaking HOT!!! But a perfect time to uncork a lovely Chablis. Had the 2007 Louis Michel & Fils Montee de Tonnerre Chablis yesterday. Clear, light yellow in the glass. Taste: Ground-up sea shells. That's the best way for me to describe it. Clean, minerally, a racy streak of acidity. A beautiful wine. 100% Chardonnay.

Also had the pleasure of trying: 2007 Robert Chevillion Nuits St. George. Still just a baby. Clear, dark ruby in the glass. Iron? Raspberries, violets, with some earthiness to it. Good acidity. Absolutely lovely and would like to see how this wine tastes, over the years.

Tomorrow, I am visiting my friend Roberto who works at a shop in Santa Monica called Wine Expo. Followed by a bartenders competition and a rum meeting in LA, if I last that long.

Cheers! Make granita, and keep cool kiddos!
V







No comments: